Quote of the Day!

Welcome to

Jaywalker.ca

arts magazine.
Submit!

You'll be virtually a-mused, Kingston!!

ISSN 1708-5845 Online     Magazine  Art In Kingston   About Kingston   Press Releases   HELP!!     ISSN 1708-5837 Print

About Us

Adversity & the Artist

Anecdotes

Artist Links

But Is It Art...?

But Is It Music...?

Collectible Bookmarks

Current Issue

Crosswords

Distributors

Essays

Front & Centre

Heart Shaped Box

Hors D'Scopes

Inspiring Places

Jam Makers

Mastheads

Past Issues

Picture of the Day

Save A Jaywalker!

Short Stories

Wordsmith's Intersection

 

Baby Squirrel Videos

Wild Kitten Movies

 

Google

WWW Jay

 

Jaywalker free magazine of the arts was published monthly in Kingston, Ontario, Canada and is still available online at all times right here! We hope to get some version of it going again. For now, it is an archival site only.

 

Check out our old publisher's new blog, The Metaphor Observatory, with plenty of examples of contemporary metaphor in the media.

 

Bookmark us today!

 

 

Uneasy Lies the Cap...Cont'd

a few years ago in Hong Kong who said it was actually high blood pressure, and that I should 'cut down on the Hollandaise sauce and get plenty of exercise'. It's been a tough row to hoe, but at least I'm outta' that rut I used to be in."

"You're new, aren't you?" asked Santa, guiding me by shoulder and nod. "What happened to Holly? She was one of our best Santas."

"I don't understand..." my voice trailing into realization "This note...Holly Hogan was a tenant in our building for some time before retiring on Homeward Ave - she was Santa Claus?"

"No...she was Santa Hogan. I'm Santa Claus. Who the devil are you?"

I conveyed to a now-questionable Santa the story of the magazine, our cleanup, the note, the car's breakdown and my arrival at Santa's workshop.

"Some coincidence..." he said.

"Indeed..." I reflected.

"Well then, what can I do for you, John?" he asked. But as I was readying to answer, I realized I'd not mentioned my name.

"How did...?" I started, quitting before embarrassing both of us, "...my car won't turn over - would you have any jumper cables, Santa?" I arrived, completing my sentence as if through hyperspace.

"Oh ho-ho, ho-ho, ho-ho!" the room rattling with his inexplicable laughter. "That reminds me of a funny story. The last time I heard a request like that was in a letter from a mechanic in Tucson. It seems he tried to boost a car with his arc welder - talk about turning an engine over...KABOOM!!" He removed his glasses to clean the fresh layer of fog that arrived with his laughter. "I hope you're not color blind too! Ho-ho!!"

We shared laughter in unequal proportions. "You get letters from adults?", I skunk-eyed Santa, now questioning his authenticity.

"More letters from adults than children, son" said Santa, using forefinger as pointing stick. "A child simply wants objects, but the adults - well,

...continued... 

Uneasy Lies the Cap  Back  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Jaywalker December 2003

Home

 

Free Movies!

Free Music!

Free Podcasts!

 

  Copyright Info   Contact   Privacy Policy   Link to Jaywalker   Bookmark Us!   Advertising   Comments